Graphic Design | Brainstroming with myself

Skateboards get really popular in the 90ies. Most of people of my generation (born in 80ies, child during the 90ies) had at one point in their life a skate board in the garage. Most of them don't skate any more, or really casually. They are casual skater, and the practice is a childhood memento.

I want to design boards for them.

First, they are causal users (no tricks, just cruisers). It seems more appropriate to chose the medium long board.

To resonate with their childhood nostalgia, I chose to represent famous 90ies characters but as young adults - like the target, they grew up.
I chose characters from Cartoon Networks late 90ies, early 00ies programs.
For each, I will use a simple design, few colours and add a typography element with a famous quote from each cartoon revisited.

Johnny Bravo


  • ''Man I'm (still) pretty''
  • 35ish yo
  • Hugh Efner ish


Power Puff Girls


  • ''So once again the day is saved. Thanks to the Power Puff Girls Women''
  • 30ish
  • everyday heroes
  • Blossom > lawyer
  • Bubble > vet
  • Buttercup > fireman/cop


Dexter's Labotory


  • ''Omelette du au fromage''
  • 30ish yo
  • fancy sassy guy - know-it-all


OR

  • ''Oooooh! What that button do?''
  • With Dee Dee


Courage The Cowardly Dog


  • ''Stupid Dog''


OR


  • ''The thing I do did for love''